Blow up your friends - and snakes - in 5 game modes including Battle Royale, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill and Snake Hunter! Up to 20 players in local multiplayer, with online play via Steam Remote Play Together.
Background & history
Partition Sector is the creation of Andrew Gillett, a programmer who previously worked at Frontier Developments on games such as Dog's Life, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, LostWinds 2 and Kinectimals. Partition Sector was originally released for MS-DOS in 1999, as a shareware game. In late 2018, work started on what was originally intended to be a minor update for a Steam release, with features such as running at resolutions other than 640x480. Within a few months it had become a much larger project, ending up with multiple team-based game modes, the ability for players to turn into snakes, new music and animations, and much more.
- 5 game modes:
- Capture the Flag
- Battle Royale (individual or team)
- King of the Hill
- Snake Hunter (co-op against the AI)
- Many powerups, including: Snake, Ultrabomb, Rocket Launcher, Flamethrower, Remote Control, Detonator, Annhiliator, Strength, Shield, Ghost
- Up to 20 players in local multiplayer (up to 16 with controllers, up to 4 on keyboard)
- Online play via Steam Remote Play Together - quad-core CPU and 30Mbps of bandwidth per remote PC recommended
- Wide variety of level sizes and game customization options
- Watch replays of previous games
- Accessibility options - customize player, team, bomb and background colors, show outlines around players, change ghost opacity
- Unlock cat photos and stupid drawings
- Soundtrack by .mpegasus